The Washington Health Care Authority contracted the state’s nine Accountable Communities of Health (ACH) and the five Managed Care Organizations (MCO) to advance and support the Washington Integrated Care Assessment (WA-ICA) initiative statewide. The WA-ICA is a continuum-based integration assessment tool meant to:
- Develop an improvement roadmap for clinical practices to advance integration and whole-person care.
- Reduce provider administrative burden by minimizing duplication of assessments.
- Understand the level of and progress toward clinical integration within behavioral health and primary care outpatient practices.
- Improve patient outcomes.
- Provide regional and statewide data to support and influence policy and funding decisions.